Another weird backtrace related to cover drawing

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Thu Jul 24 02:16:23 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008 01:33:20 Ian Monroe wrote:

> I agree with you here. Its just important to establish that blocking
> queries are a bad idea often. :)'
>
> Ian

Sure,

but in other cases it is a bad idea to use non blocking querys.

Just there were there is no need to use it non blocking. ( I believe the data
engine is such case (but not really sure about that)).

Non blocking means extra overhead  in terms of cpu time, memory use and code.
There are good reason to use it non blocking. (to have a responsive amarok and
and a non freezing gui). But amarok is already doing a lot of things in extra
threads just for the same reason. These threads should if possible use
blocking querys.

Daniel