aKademy Funding

Gregory Meyer greg at gkmeyer.com
Thu Jul 17 15:59:31 CEST 2008

For everyone that has put their name up on the page requesting funding
for aKademy, in order to plan properly and start making advances, I
need some information.  The page I am talking about is here is here
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Events/Akademy_2008.  AFAIAC, you must
be on this list to receive payment from Amarok.

I don't think we have enough money to pay anybody more than the 20%
for travel and lodging that e.V. will not reimburse, so I would like
to make a payment to everyone based on an estimate of your travel and
lodging costs for the event, and then make everyone responsible for
their individual reimbursements from KDE.  Then, if there is any money
left over, I will get it to one of the senior Amarok people to use for
food and/or entertainment during aKademy, which you can organize
locally.

If I were to give everybody more than 20%, things get messy and you
would be forced to return funds to the project after KDE e.V.
reimbursement payments are made.

I understand their is an opportunity for manipulation and someone
could theoretically get extra money for themselves by estimating high
and forgetting to return the unused funds, but I'll trust everyone and
hope you will provide me a copy of your KDE e.V. reimbursement form
later.  Also, we raise money during roKtober for exactly this kind of
purpose, so I have no problem spending it all, I just want to make
sure the distribution of it is fair.

Does this sound good, it does to me :) so to implement, I need the
following from everyone:

1) cost estimate for total travel and lodging that KDE e.V. will give
you 80% reimbursement for (please specify whether your estimate is in
$ or €;
2) how to pay you;
3) an explanation of how not having an advance of more than 20% of the
expenses will prevent you from getting to aKademy, as I know there are
a couple people that have asked for more;
4) How much extra you need.

If not having more than 20% upfront is inconvenient but not hardship,
please be understanding and not ask for too much.  I want to make sure
there is enough to go around.

--
Greg