Fwd: Amarok look

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:51:08 CEST 2008

> might as well use 9 for flexibility no??? From a artist point of view the
> amout of work is similar...

No, for the slider/progress bars I would really rather not, as they
are painted based on tiles and don't really "stretch" at all.

>> > For the plasma applet background, we basically use ( except for the
>> > new black applets ) the standard plasma way of drawing backgrounds,
>> > and this actually correctly renders 9 different parts. If you look in
>> > the src/theme/context/Amarok-Mockup/widgtets/bckground.svg file, which
>> > is what is used as the background for most applets, you will notice
>> > that it actually contains 9 parts, even if it is just plain white. So
>> > the extremely poor caling of the new album applet is simply because it
>> > draws its own background and does not use a sane background theme ( I
>> > think it will look much better when all applets use a simmilar theme )
>
> somthing to be fixed there 2...(the corners are also bad)

I agree, but a new plasma theme that can be used for all our applets
should solve this.

> I can make amarok look prety decent on defoult kde 4.1 but f people use amarok
> in windows, osx or change the witdget theme in kde it wont look coerent,
> never will. are you guys ok with that???

I think that is the best we can do for now. At least, the overall
color scheme will always match whatever the user comes up with.

- Nikolaj