Collection View Split

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 03:19:58 CEST 2008

In the Collection browser, many types of collections are soon going to
be used: nepomuk, daap, local etc.  It's inconvenient having to scroll
a lot to get back to another collection.  I was wondering if we could
have the current collection view split in 2, so that we have 2 views
stacked vertically.  I say 2 because that's all that's needed for
simple comparison, if for example you want to copy a song from one
collection to another or similar.  Even with browsing, this would be a
big help.  Then maybe have a selector for each of the 2 views, to
choose which collection you want to look at in each.  This seems like
a tacky solution, but I can't think of anything better.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, so sorry if this is a
repeat of an old discussion.