Feature freeze starting today, Alpha release next weekend

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 20:21:24 CEST 2008

Hey guys and gals,

I'd like to remind you that starting today (July 1, 2008) the feature
freeze comes into effect. For a detailed explanation please refer to
the thread "RFC: Amarok 2.0 deadline September, 1" on this mailing
list.

In short, you cannot introduce new features, except:
* SoC/SoK projects
* Features that are already being worked on
* Trivial features (this can be decided on a per-case basis)

In general this rule is not meant to hinder your fun with programming,
but to get us focused more on _bug fixing_. As Ian Monroe said, "Our
feature freezes have never been very cold". That means, we're flexible
and we can still discuss corner cases :)

Another important point is that we have planned the Alpha release of
Amarok 2 for next week; probably sometime next weekend. Please try to
be a bit careful and do not introduce (crash) regressions until then.

Thanks for reading, happy hacking!

PS: Amarok 2 is becoming a blast, I think :) We rock.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer