status of podcasts

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:59:33 CET 2008

2008/1/12, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu>:
> Hey Bart (and CCed amarok-devel in case others are interested)
>
> I was wondering what the current status of Podcasts are. I see lots of
> stub methods and such. I would like to finish it up and am just
> wondering where you think I should start and how one gets what is
> currently there to work (I seem to remember you having some way to add
> podcasts).
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

Hi Ian,

Podcast fetching (downloading and parsing the feed) is done by the
class PodcastReader.
Right now it just creates new Meta::PodcastChannel and
Meta::PodcastEpisode objects and adds them to a PodcastCollection.
Obviously, this should also be able to update an existing
Podcast[Channel|Episode].
PodcastCategory is the UI for podcasts, and all the actions needed for
podcasts should go in here.

Hope this helps.
ping me on irc for more info.

Bart