Dropping IconLoader

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Mon Jan 7 19:49:51 CET 2008

Am Montag 07 Januar 2008 18:41:23 schrieb Ian Monroe:
> Couldn't we drop the Amarok icon theme in general? There's still a few
> icons missing in Oxygen probably, but they did a pretty good job in
> covering all the icons for us (they even have an icon specifically for
> "media scripts" so they were obviously paying attention to Amarok).
> We'll depend on kdebase/runtime in KDE4 probably, so we should be in
> good shape.

Yeah we are going to drop the _current_ theme, the idea of using -amarok
suffixes is just so we don't have to raise the KDE dep for every new icon we
introduce.

Example:
we introduce an irc client, oxygen makes us a nice and shiny icon, so we add
network-irc-client-amarok to our shipment until it makes sense to raise the
KDE dep to a version which already includes network-irc-client in which case
we would kick it from our source again.

So really, the suffixing is just to be future proof for new icons.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Project Manager         Mail: harald at getamarok.com
amarok.kde.org     Good news everyone!     Jabber: apachelogger at kdetalk.net