Dropping IconLoader

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Mon Jan 7 17:26:53 CET 2008

Currently we are using IconLoader.cpp to either use our icons or fallback to
the oxygen ones, which is rather pointless since the new icon spec already
has a fallback system

media-playback-play-amarok
falls back to
media-playback-play
falls back to
media-playback
etc.

So we can completely drop IconLoader (which is kinda no work thanks to
markey's revert script). Also we should generally use a -amarok suffix for
all icons, this gives icon themers the possability to include an own set for
Amarok and we can add actual add icon files as required (e.g. an icon in KDE
changes so it doesn't fit in with us anymore -> just add an -amarok file to
our source and the issue is settled).

Also people can remove our -amarok's from binaries if they are compiled with
latest kde (hence reduce size).

If everyone is ok with it, I'd go for the transition and submit our icon
requests to Oxygen afterwards.

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Project Manager         Mail: harald at getamarok.com