VOTING - Amarok2 to use Qt 4.4?

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Jan 4 08:48:30 CET 2008

2008/1/4, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com>:
> > Is Qt 4.4 not binary compatible with 4.3? If it is, why would people
> > need to compile kdelibs themselves?
>
> If I understand correctly, Qt 4.3 apps will surely run on 4.4, but
> when we start using features unique to 4.4, Amarok will not build/run
> on 4.3
>
> - Nikolaj

Am I incorrectly assuming that one of our dependencies (an external
library by then), plasma, will require Qt4.4?
The question then becomes: When do "We" switch our development branch
to a Qt4.4 snapshot or tech. preview?
I'm for the idea of releasing an amarok2 preview which runs on KDE4.0
as soon as possible, after which we go Qt4.4.

Bart