Becoming involved in Amarok development

Aneurin Price aneurin.price at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:40:52 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  great to hear that you want to help with the development of Amarok 2.
>  To answer your question, IRC is usually the best place to get in touch
>  with other developers. Unfortunately, most developers were at FOSDEM
>  this weekend, so just a handful of us were actually online. Reminds me
>  of when I started working on Amarok and everybody was at K3M :) In
>  general, this list or IRC are both good places to ask for help and
>  advice. IRC tends to work better because you get help faster (although
>  we usually answer e-mails on this mailing list faster than this, but
>  it looks like yours got stuck in the moderation queue...FOSDEM is to
>  blame i guess)

I had a feeling that may be the case; thanks for getting back to me.

>  Your patch looks good. I think that you have to set the querymaker's
>  AlbumQueryMode to OnlyCompilations in CollectionTreeView if
>  tmp->data() is null. Can you test that, and commit it if it works? In

Could you elaborate on this? I think the existing query is sufficient
to match the right tracks correctly without setting the
AlbumQueryMode, and that seems to be the case experimentally, so as
far as I can tell it's sufficient just to check that tmp->data() is
not null. I wonder if I've misunderstood you...

Also, how does one go about getting patches accepted to svn?

Hopefully I should be able to start doing a bit more on Friday (start
of the weekend for me :P). So far I've only been able to find a couple
of half-hour sessions to look at this, and I keep getting distracted
by other code paths :D.

Nye