Default music dir and refactoring of collection config

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Feb 26 22:52:50 CET 2008

Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> Multiple SQL collections are not a priority imo. It should not be too
> hard to implement that feature. But one SQL collection is always going
> to be more important than the others, for example because it's
> actually used by all other parts of Amarok to store data in (which
> reminds me, what happened to storing the playlist in the database?)

The playlist, or the playlists?  I wasn't aware that we were going to
store the Playlist in the database as opposed to XML, although I don't
see why not.

I'd like to see user-created playlists stored in the database though
instead of M3U files.  Not only does this make it simple to export to
whatever format someone would like, but it also makes it easy to
implement AFT support.

--Jeff