Project Governance

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Mon Feb 25 23:24:01 CET 2008

Hi,

> At least in the US being tax deductible is a large hassle and results
> in a lot of extra oversight. Unless you're a Church of course ;).

it's not sooo hard in Germany. The goals of the e.V. just have to be
charitable and non-commercial. And you have to write it down in a way
the finance authorities accept it. If they do you get tax deductible
for some years. Afaik now they check that again every two or three years.

> Please look into incorporating in Europe, but look at the range of
> corporation types, maybe e.V isn't the best for us. And regardless it
> would be good for us to go ahead with these unincorporated rules,
> since incorporation will likely take some time. And having existing
> structure would probably help us to incorporate in the future.

I think an e.V. is the correct thing for us, but I will look for other
corporation types, too.