Project Governance

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Feb 25 05:45:46 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Greg Meyer <greg at gkmeyer.com> wrote:
> I have attached a pdf because the spam filter on the list is blocking this
>  post, probably because it thinks I am trying one of those Nigerian scams.  I
>  guess you aren't allowed to send legitimate emails talking about money
>  anymore.  So I apologize in advance for sending a pdf, but plain text didn't
>  work.
>  --
>  Greg/

Thanks for your work, these look like good by-laws for us.

Looks like we should probably find a goal for the Amarok Project.
Something along the lines of "fostering the spread and development of
Amarok via promotion, development conferences and providing the tools
needed for collaboration and development."

Also maybe a formal process for the board to appoint someone to be the
person overseeing conference expenses on-the-ground. "Conference
treasurer", like the role I played at akademy 2007. Either this could
be part of the by-laws or maybe just some more generic way for the
board to set something like that up. I'm pretty ignorant on this sort
of thing. :)

Ian