request for modified icon for OS X

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Dec 21 00:07:28 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM, O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like a more mac-ish amarok icon for osx in sizes up to 256x256.
>
> I disagree with this.
>
> If the real icon isn't "cool enough" for os x, we should look at
> improving the real icon.  We shouldn't have different branding on each
> platform.  One icon to rule them all, unify... don't divide.

As discussed on IRC, I agree with Dan here and I think that a
modernization of our icon would be beneficial - while keeping it
identical on all platforms.

What I have in mind is a slightly more polished version of our current
icon, but with the same general motive. A bit more shiny, a bit more
modern. We could for instance ask Nuno to create it.

Face it, our current icon (on all platforms) is getting a bit long in
the tooth :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer