request for modified icon for OS X

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:16:51 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Dan Meltzer
> <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM, O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like a more mac-ish amarok icon for osx in sizes up to 256x256.
>>
>> I disagree with this.
>>
>> If the real icon isn't "cool enough" for os x, we should look at
>> improving the real icon.  We shouldn't have different branding on each
>> platform.  One icon to rule them all, unify... don't divide.
>
> I agree with Dan here. Different icons on different systems: no way.
> Branding has to be consistent across all platforms. If someone steps
> up to make the current icon more modern and oxygeny all power to
> him/her. But I honestly think we have bigger things to worry about and
> more important work for artists right now.

 This doesn't have to be done "now"
 I think it's reasonably low hanging fruit which can be easily taken care of.
 I can find an artist, I already have someone in mind. I just want an
"aye" or "nay" collectively from the project because it would need to
be included with the source. Just to make it clear the icon isn't
going to be more oxygeny, it'll be all os x-y.

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher
> Amarok community manager
> kde.org - amarok.kde.org - kubuntu.org
> claimid.com/nightrose

Phyllis Diller  - "I want my children to have all the things I
couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them."