Future UI Discussion

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 18:11:13 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Lee Olson <leetolson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dan,
>>
>> Is this getting closer to what you had in mind?
>>
>> - Lee
>
> Woo! Three mockups since I went to bed! Lee you rock.
>
> Some thoughts.
>
> * Current track info in the toolbar
> => Could you add the album cover? I think the user shouldn't have to
> browse/scroll to the NP applet to figure out what is playing.

Thats funny, I still think that this info is rediculously redundant here.

The information appears:
In the menubar,
In the statusbar,
In the OSD,
In the systray tooltip
In the Playlist
and in the Now Playing Applet.

Do we really need it in a 7th place?  I'm pretty sure we can find a
better use for the space than repeating the same information yet
again...