Applets with APIs (for scripting)

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:37:44 CET 2008

Hey guys,

I targeted this one at William, cause I figured he might know the most
about it (though peter might be able to help too). How difficult would
it be to create applets that had public interfaces, so scripts could
interact with them?

Here is just one use case:
An applet which displays info about the artist like the wikipedia
applet, but can aggregate different sources. Perhaps the applet ships
with wikipedia and last.fm bio support. Someone could write a script
that adds relevant news (say from mtv music news) to the applet.

Casey