Beautifying the nocover image in the currenttrack applet

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 03:06:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com>:
>> Attached is a patch that produces the following change in the
>> currenttrack applet
>>
>> http://binaryelysium.com/images/Amarok_nocover_compare.png
>>
>> As far as I can tell there is no way to resize the currenttrack applet
>> (yet), so this value will be fine until that changes. Also, if there
>> is an actual cover it is still resized accordingly. If the actual
>> cover > 156 then it will be downscaled - and still look good. If there
>> actual cover is < 156 the it will be upscaled - and look not so good,
>> but it has always been this way.
>
> Looks much better, you get my big rubber stamp of approval.

I'm either blind or looking at something totally different from all of
you but the second image (the improvement yes?) looks worse than the
first.

What I'm talking about:
Look at the cover image on top, it has soft shadows around the no-cover image.
Look at the image on the bottom, it has a dark, rigid shadow all
around it. (I don't think that even counts as a shadow anymore) I
usually notice this after a few tracks have been played (as if the
shadows are being superimposed on each other).
Is this patch supposed to make that dark shadow standard?