rc2

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:00:21 CET 2008

> I'm honestly surprised by this move. I thought we had all agreed on
> doing just one RC.
>
> Could you please list these changes that you find significant?

I am not sure I would point at one change in general. Its just the
amount of changes that has happened to trunk since rc1 ( I am not
knocking anyone for this, I have changed stuff to that I thought was
important enough to warrant it ). If we release 2.0.0 now, we
basically release many of these changes with _very_ little testing.

I found out the very hard way when working on some Magnatune service
fixes the other day that what seems like a totally no-brainer can
actually cause quite severe and tricky regressions ( I had a one-line
fix for a small annoyance that basically made it impossible to
download and purchase albums ).

As for agreeing to one rc, yes, and I was on board on that, but to me,
the entire point o an rc is to see if the current code is mature
enough to release as final, and the amount of changes that has
happened since then would seem to answer that question with a no, rc1
was, despite what I believed at the time, not quite there yet.

- Nikolaj