Git host

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Dec 1 12:56:50 CET 2008

For those that haven't heard,

Because git-svn is very stupid in some ways, we found out that we can't
really use this to merge branches from each other.  Attempting to do so
will cause an every-file conflict.

So, the main use of this would be to share your own branch across
multiple machines, or to use it as an offsite backup, or to check out
someone else's branch (but not to merge it!).

If you do use it to share your own branch across multiple machines, I
strongly suggest that you only run git-svn on *one* of them, and on
other machines, that you only work on git branches formed from your
git-svn checkout and do not merge branches with a git-svn checkout on
there as well.

--Jeff