CV states

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 01:37:42 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Big O <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>> hey all,
>>
>> right now, the contextview is completely stateless. that is, when you
>> start or stop playing a track, etc, applets do not change. applets do
>> get notification of the track change (like the current track applet),
>> but they remain there there as they were before.
>>
>> some of you may remember that back when i first implemented the CV,
>> there were different "states", e.g. playing, home, etc. so if you
>> added an applet to the home state, say, last.fm events, and you
>> started playing a track, it would disappear (and come back when you
>> pressed stop).
> I hated that. Actually loathed would be the ideal word to use. :-/
BECAUSE:
If i put something in the CV i want it there at all times. Adding
something to the CV implies that I want it viewable. Why wouldn't I
want Last.fm events showing when I play my music.
I'd rather decide for myself what is relevant and what isn't (and
organize it into different CV views based on these preferences)
Also the implementation previously was bloody annoying and stuff would
disappear all the time that I actually wanted to see. Hate, hate,
hate.  but that's just me.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.