RFC: New name for the PUD

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 17:05:33 CEST 2008

Hi all,

at Akademy we've briefly discussed renaming some components of Amarok
to make them more accessible. Nota bene, this is only about the public
name (for docs and such), not necessarily about the internal class
name used in the code.

Regarding the PUD, we thought that PopupDropper isn't a very intuitive
name, and also it's hard to say/write/remember. One possible
(deliberately simplistic) name suggestion would be:

      "Drag Menu"

I personally think this name is pretty easy and fits kinda well. Keep
in mind, you will never be able to cover all technical corner cases
with a simple name. This is more about marketing.

Opinions, further suggestions?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer