Interesting approach to sidebar navigation

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Aug 1 22:28:33 CEST 2008

Friday 01 August 2008 Seb Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/8/1 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > a user on our forum has presented a proposal for replacing our
> > "vertical tabs" sidebar concept. While I had initially dismissed his
> > proposal ("we've tried it all before.."), I then had an idea that
> > could make this actually workable. You will find my idea posted in the
> > forum thread as well.
> >
> > I think it could be interesting to at least consider this approach for
> > future Amarok versions (post 2.0):
> >
> > http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,15622.0.html
>
> Perhaps a variant of what mxcl proposed with inara, if you remember?

  That is a decided possibility, and i did think along those lines when i
replied as well... This is somewhere i can see a paper prototype working to
our advantage... Shall we try and do this at Akademy? (possibly using the
power of a video camera to get some footage we can stick up on youtube and
show people... ;) )

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/