Interesting approach to sidebar navigation

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Aug 1 12:48:10 CEST 2008

Friday 01 August 2008 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> a user on our forum has presented a proposal for replacing our
> "vertical tabs" sidebar concept. While I had initially dismissed his
> proposal ("we've tried it all before.."), I then had an idea that
> could make this actually workable. You will find my idea posted in the
> forum thread as well.
>
> I think it could be interesting to at least consider this approach for
> future Amarok versions (post 2.0):
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,15622.0.html

  The Comic plasmoid isn't the only place this is being used - Kickoff uses
the same metaphor for "back". And yes, it does seem quite nifty, and with the
PUD (and possibly some creative use of hover timing on the back button) we may
even be able to get all the functionality out of it that we had in 1.4 :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/

                          Co-