Amarok 2 config files

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Fri Apr 4 00:37:41 CEST 2008

Hi devs,
It recently came to my attention that Ubuntu sets the Amarok 2 data
dir to conflict with Amarok 1.4. ie: ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok, and
similarly for the amarokrc file.

I was always sure that kde4 used ~/.kde4, but I suppose we can't rely
on these people for such integrity.

I predict that we'll have countless user problems if we allow this to
happen, between conflicting rc files and overwritten Amarok 1.4
collection.db files.

So my proposition is to force all amarok 2 data to be placed under the
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok2 folders. This means that if for any reason
the user decides to switch back to kde3/amarok1.4, there won't be any
loss of data or annoyances.

Thoughts?

--
Seb Ruiz