Amarok Datenbank-Backend

Tobias G. Pfeiffer tgpfeiffer at web.de
Sat Sep 8 12:38:40 CEST 2007

Hi!

Am Samstag, 8. September 2007, 09:12 schrieb Maximilian Kossick:
> Unfortunately, the code in DatabaseUpdater.cpp is the only place I ever
> stored the database schema. eean asked me to create a diagram once, but I
> didn't find a good tool for it, and actually do not have a lot of time to
> spend on Amarok at the moment anyway:(

I'll take care of creating such a diagram. I love Graphviz :-)

> All database queries in sqlcollection still use the old database schema,
> but they will be ported at some point.

OK, so that was were I was puzzled due to the update of the "tags" table.

Is it possible to give all columns a prefix like trk_... or art_... so that it
is better distinguishable what table we refer to? So for example, all columns
in the artists table could have art_(id|name|...) and then, in the tracks
table, we would have some foreign key constraint (soon-to-come :-) to art_id
or the like. Or is such a renaming unwanted and/or will cause too much
rewriting?

Bye
Tobias

--
Sent from a 100% Microsoft free computer.