QGV for the playlist, revisiting

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Sep 6 00:23:08 CEST 2007

On 06/09/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey folks (and especially Ian),
>
> on IRC we've been wondering again why the playlist is using QGV for
> its rendering, and if it's really good this way. It seems to have a
> lot of disadvantages, especially in being much harder to implement,
> and there are some performance issues.

Also, as I discovered yesterday we lose out on much of the advantages
of a View class - no automatic ordering of items, sorting. For example
I implemented item removal from the playlist and when this occurs the
removed PlaylistItems just leave blank space. Similarly when dropping
a track ontop of another it simply sits over the top! The underlying
tracks are not shuffled down.

> I recall that Ian did it this way to make inline editing possible, but
> is this the only reason?

The point being that we discussed that it was most likely easier to
implement inline editing in the QListView rather than replace all the
other functionality in the QGraphicsView.

Seb

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/