RFC: Cleaning up Trunk

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Tue Sep 4 13:06:08 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to rip out all of the old 1.4
> amarokisms from trunk. By this, I mean everything which hasn't been
> ported yet.
> eg:
>  - Playlist
>  - PlaylistItem
>  - MetaBundle

especially MetaBundle should probably be kept around for reference (yes i
know, we could just look in previous svn revisions for, but that's not very
convenient). there's some code in there which still need to be ported, but
MetaBundle itself should be removed. Maybe we could move the files into a new
directory, and delete them later.

> I know, it's a HUGE amount of work, but maybe it would help us in
> clearing out the codebase and understanding the new development
> techniques we are using. Another advantage is that it would help make
> obvious the giant holes we have in trunk.

Removing MetaBundle will probably mean breaking trunk for a few days. I don't
think one person can do it alone in a local checkout. But I think it's
worthwhile doing.