RFC: Cleaning up Trunk

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Sep 4 12:55:21 CEST 2007

Hi Devs,

I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to rip out all of the old 1.4
amarokisms from trunk. By this, I mean everything which hasn't been
ported yet.
eg:
 - Playlist
 - PlaylistItem
 - MetaBundle

etc etc.

I know, it's a HUGE amount of work, but maybe it would help us in
clearing out the codebase and understanding the new development
techniques we are using. Another advantage is that it would help make
obvious the giant holes we have in trunk.

Obvious disadvantages would be that we would need to keep an older
revision checked out locally to do any comparisons etc.

We have at least a start on most of the major components of Amarok 2:
Interface, Context, Playlist, Collections, Collection browser,
Playlist browser, services.

I don't imagine that the rest of the components would be refactored,
but probably written again from scratch (with previous knowledge or
referencing 1.4 code).

Comments?

Cheers,
Seb