last.fm streaming

Max Howell maxim.howell at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:00:08 CEST 2007

It shouldn't be necessary to adapt to the new radio and scrobbling
architectures. I'll take another look at it when I get home. However
last time I tested it (after being told it was broken), it worked on
three seperate test machines. So I didn't know where to go from there.

If you adapt to radio 1.2, you have to use scrobbler 1.2 too. Both are
much more complicated and have strict requirements for handling that
are intrusive to adapt too. Ie skips/loves/bans etc. have to be passed
with the scrobble, which means you need to pass all this info to the
scrobbler. Radio must be scrobbled too. Radio comes in playlists that
you have to parse and then stream tracks individually.

So I don't recommend switching if it can be avoided.

Max