RFC: Let's make Amarok2 actually play music!

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Sep 2 08:49:08 CEST 2007

On 9/2/07, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> On 02/09/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> > on #amarok.dev we've just been discussing our development goals for
> > the near future. Here's my suggestion:
> >
> > "Let's focus on making Amarok2 usable enough so that *we* can use it
> > for our daily music needs!"
>
> Is our aim to have Amarok use the xine or phonon engine as default?

Well, in light of the Windows port, we're left with no other choice
than finishing the Phonon engine. So I would say let's do that, and
then for Linux we can still decide if we use this or the trusty old
xine engine as default. Whichever works better.

Phonon engine currently does basic playback fine. The next step is
implementing analyzer support, I think.

--
Mark