RFC: Let's make Amarok2 actually play music!

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Sep 1 21:19:40 CEST 2007

Hey all,

on #amarok.dev we've just been discussing our development goals for
the near future. Here's my suggestion:

"Let's focus on making Amarok2 usable enough so that *we* can use it
for our daily music needs!"

I am convinced that the day we developers actually start using Amarok2
daily for playing music (instead of just for testing purposes) will
make a *big* difference. It's a whole different story whether you work
on an application that might theoretically work some day, or if you
use it yourself to actually do something useful. Once we achieve this
goal, this will provide a huge motivation boost to us, and also to our
users who are eager to beta-test Amarok2.

Also it will help us to focus on the essential things. It's very easy
to get lost in details. We can do the polishing later on, there will
be plenty of time.

Personally I need a collection, and a playlist, and I need the thing
to actually play music without crashing. Then I would consider
switching to Amarok2. What about you?

--
Mark