extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Wed Oct 17 17:50:42 CEST 2007

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> SVN commit 725977 by nhnielsen:
>
> Make album collapsing work in a semi sane way and enable it for people to play with. Automatic collapsing/expanding of albums on mouse enter/leave is a really bad idea that causes severe instant nervous ticks according to my painstakingly contrieved^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hducted research, so it is currently completely manual. It is still too slow when many albums are in the plalyist but I know why and intend to fix it. Oh, and the svg for the collapsed album is just to illustrate a point, I hope some of our artists can do better :-)

Nikolaj--

How about starting a QTimer when the mouse enters over an album of, say,
half a second, maybe more, then expand (so long as the time is < the
average time it takes to put the mouse pointer on the + and click it).
When the mouse leaves the album, it could be instantly collapsed so as
to make whatever is below it immediately visible and usable.

--Jeff