Kamion migration and backup tool

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sat Oct 13 17:41:20 CEST 2007

On 10/11/07, Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it make sense to use musicbrainz UUID here to identify tracks
> rather than our own method?  It seems like musicbrainz UUID is become
> a commonly used method of identifying a unique track, xspf supports
> it, xesam supports it, and I think some forms of metadata support it.

XSPF supports anything, its just that the API docs suggest
musicbrainz's UUID as a possible unique identifier. We could also put
the checksum that Amarok 1.4 uses internally if we wanted into our
XSPF's.

I still don't trust musicbrainz enough, it used to do stuff like hang
Amarok. And most linux users have musicbrainz without MP3 support.

Ian