Kamion migration and backup tool

Ljubomir Simin ljubomir.simin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:18:41 CEST 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 03:39, Ian Monroe wrote:
> The complications for Amarok are:
> *if your moving to a different computer, you probably wouldn't want to
> carry all that much of the amarokrc configuration with you, since
> music is going to be in different folders, maybe different sound
> settings.
> *what you'd really want to migrate and backup is in the MySQL,
> PostgreSQL or sqlite database in the statistics table. Thanks to file
> tracking we don't have to worry about if the users put the file in a
> different location really on different computers.
>
> None of these are unsolvable problems and Kamion looks like a
> worthwhile project. :)
>
> For the first point seems like Kamion could be made KConfig-aware and
> the settings that should be backed up could be selected in the XML
> recipe. This might be complicated in the future by the fact that
> recently KDE4 allows you to have multiple configuration backends, but
> currently there is just KConfig. Adding a KDE4 kdelibs dependency
> would solve that, something to think about.
>
> For the second point scripting would be required.
>
> Ian Monroe

Allright, I'll forward your requirements to the dev team.
If you are in good relations with developers of other projects, you can make
my lilfe a bit easier and mention them about Kamion, and provide my email ;).
And, you can make suggesitions which project should I contact next.

Thanks,

--
Ljubomir Simin
Registered Linux User #351181