Allowing sharing a database (was Re: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src)

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:37:10 CEST 2007

2007/10/2, Maximilian Kossick <mkossick at gmx.de>:
> Do we actually want to support sharing a database?  i know that we can't
> prevent our users from doing that if we continue to support mysql or
> postgres. We still have to decide which databases we are going to support in
> 2.0.

Sharing a SQL database, no.
Sharing a Collection on a remote share, yes.
Thanks to your collection framework maxx_k all of this should be possible, true?

I wouldn't support mysql/progressql either for 2.0 or even ever,
certainly not on OSX and Windows. We just don't have enough control
over it. We are going to be swamped with bug reports already, let's
not add to the madness with another unknown factor in the equation.

Bart