Collection View/Playlist Ideas

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun May 13 05:25:02 CEST 2007

Ian Monroe wrote:
> I agree about how it should be tabs. I hadn't thought of been all been
> toggable.
>
> On 5/11/07, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's a couple ideas that were floated on IRC:
>>
>> The Kopete style scrolling could be implemented such that it toggles when the
>> user either holds down or clicks the middle mouse button.  This way, it's
>> easily accessible for those that want it, but not forced on those that don't
>> (and not made into a menu option).  Users can pick which way they want, when
>> they want.
>>

> And what if the user wants to just scroll? This is almost more
> confusing. Personally from using kopete I find it very easy to use
> (though we'll have to see with really long lists) and should just be
> the default.

I'd like it as the default, but someone was telling me in IRC that they
got annoyed with it after a while (don't remember who)...Max maybe?  Or Seb?

Also, the Kopete source lists a number of things that are bugs in it,
though there wasn't anything I noticed using it...but it'd be worth
asking them what the pros/cons are, what bugs there are, etc.  I tried
to contact someone in #kopete but didn't hear back yet.

--Jeff