let's do docs.

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Mar 19 14:58:15 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Martin Aumueller <aumueller at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> I think we should not go overboard when writing docs and focus on writing
> self-documenting code. Just the parts which newcomers wanting to implement
> new plugins are most likely to use should be really documented. Amarok was,
> and probably will be, a fast moving target. And keeping the docs up to date
> is just too much time. And wrong docs is even worse than no docs.

I disagree. Max documented his StatusBar methods and its been handy.
And never actually out of date. Its obviously dangerous to change the
behavior of a method enough that it'd need new documentation, so I
think it naturally does not happen often.

And we shouldn't see documentation as something for new devs, but for
each other and for ourselves in a few months when we've forgotten what
we've done.

Ian