Drag and Drop

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Jun 21 15:52:27 CEST 2007

I was looking at Qt's drag and drop documentation yesterday and was
thinking about how we would go about implementing it. For Amarok 1.4
we did stuff like pass around SQL statements.  For 2.0 the ideal would
be to pass around TrackList's within Amarok and have lists of URLs
available for when stuff is dragged outside of Amarok. I don't know
how that would be possible. QMimeData seems pretty limited to text
stuff, we'd have to be creative. And then how to make it different if
its dropped outside the application...

Really I'm not really understanding all the drag and drop stuff in general.

Any ideas?

Ian