Decision on Plasma and Amarok

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:03:20 CEST 2007

On 7/26/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:

> On 7/27/07, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >     so i think we're getting close to the time when we need to make a
> > decision on the future of the plasma stuff. unless it gets merged in to
> > trunk i'm really the only one that sees it, and that means that a) i'm
> the
> > only one working on it (which is fine, its just a slower development
> than it
> > would be otherwise) and b) i'm the only one *thinking* about it---and
> thats
> > worse, because i need more use cases and people to think of cool things
> > do with it. i'm obviously for merging the plasma branch to trunk. i
> think it
> > shows promise, and once we get some nice SVGs it'll look really good as
> > well.
> >
> > the current state is this: engine support is complete, and last.fmengine is
> > there ( user/recommended/system events, suggested songs, related artists
> ),
> > lyrics engine is there, as is wikipedia. applet state is much farther
> > behind, mostly because i can't do graphics, and need to work out
> something
> > regarding text display. this is being worked on currently.
> >
> > so what do you guys think about the future of the plasmify branch?
>
> I'd still appreciate to see a screenshot :) Generally though I'm pro
> plasmification. Let's merge it in :)

of course. i actually have a broken amarok right now because
VBoxLayout in plasma is broken (any applet in plasma that uses
VBoxLayout crashes...)
but i'll get one up as soon as i can.

leo

Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125