how to manage QGraphicsScene

Ian Monroe ian at
Sat Jul 21 23:36:08 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at> wrote:
> Not having followed the playlist code closely, can you explain why all this
> QGraphicsScene stuff is necessary at all?  I imagine it's for painting the
> playlist items, but in that case you'd have one scene and not a bunch that
> you destroy.  Or am I missing something here?
> --Jeff

Qt's Item View delegates the task of painting individual table cells
(in this case, entire rows) to the cleverly-named Delegate classes (
which is basically a funtion object). You get a QPainter object to
paint to, so you can't use QWidgets without massive hacks (which the
Skype people do, and apparently its a horrible horrible thing). Thus