Last.fm services falling apart

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 09:15:52 CEST 2007

Heya,

one thing that is worrying me a bit is that last.fm's web services
have been falling apart increasingly of late: First the submissions
server got very flaky (ok, this is no news, happens all the time),
then a few weeks ago the "Skip" function in streams ceased to work,
and I hear other things stopped working as well.

Naturally, the first thing that users assume is that Amarok is broken.
Hum. Well, I've asked Muz from last.fm for clarification once, and he
explained to me that they've changed their protocol, but that the old
protocol is still supported. Apparently this support isn't a very high
priority for them though :(

--
Mark