1.4.7 schedule, Ubuntu deadline

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Wed Jul 18 20:09:47 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 19:59:28 Ian Monroe wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> > I really don't understand this comment. Elaborate?
>
> Mark Shuttleworth suggested KDE adopt the 6 month release cycle like
> the kernel and Gnome so that Ubuntu could follow it better, which was
> highly controversial. I was just amused since Amarok already follows
> Ubuntu's release cycle often.

Well, I at least support this because Amarok is actually following the User's
 main distro release cycle. Since according to download stats Kubuntu is the
 major requested distro, it's just a good idea to have a latest bugfix
 release in every distro release.

Also the fact that quite some team members use it, might be slightly
 supporting ;-)

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     harald at getamarok.com