1.4.7 schedule, Ubuntu deadline

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:05:57 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 17:09:44 Ian Monroe wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > I think we should get our act together and start thinking about the
> > 1.4.7 release. While the Changelog isn't particularly long yet, I
> > don't think this matters much.
> >
> > What matters a lot is that the Ubuntu deadline is approaching (IIRC
> > beginning of August), and I'd feel really bad about having the
> > defective SQLite 3.3.x library in the next Ubuntu.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> OMG a 6 month release cycle?! We might as well just join the Gnome project.

Actually I'd really appreciate that... lotz of somewhat professional promo
guys who are just waiting to share their information with me, so that Amarok
can take over world domination at some point! ^_^
And as pointed out on amarok at kde.org ...

> <Amarok> * dumbass = "So there is that great program, but it's frustratingly
GNOME-ish. But I'm willing to compile at least 25 gnome-libs. There are
annoying oversights, like GNOME-feelings menus, I also have to click "delete
forever" because otherwise it tries to use GNOME's trash system. I dislike
GNOME's look and feel a lot, so it's frustrating to have it showing up
uninvited in what is otherwise a fantastic piece of software."

Anyway, I suggest string freeze starting on 7th (tue), tagging on 10th (fr),
release on 14th (tue).

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     harald at getamarok.com