contextview themeing: plasmification?

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Jul 9 15:38:28 CEST 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, Leo Franchi wrote:
> note to all: my amarok was unusably slow, which was a reason for my desire
> to change,  but it runs WAAY faster in a native kde4 environment (nested
> Xephyr) rather than in kde3 as i was testing. so, the speed issue is more
> moot than i thought.
>
> leo
>
> p.s. if you're not running it in a full kde4 environment, i suggest you
> try, plasma + amarok +everything else is much much faster

Thanks for the awesome tip...I see a huge speedup here too when running nested
with Xephyr.  No wonder plasma guys never have speed issues, they're probably
all doing this.

The animations and fading with the GraphicItem(Scaler/Fader) look *much*
better this way.  I'm interested in seeing how this affects markey and sebr's
experiences with the animation.

--Jeff