Merging the UI branch

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:34:46 CET 2007

Hello,

After a weekend of work between shash and I, we have achieved a new
proposal for the UI.  I think that it is now in a position where it
would be beneficial to get it back into trunk, isntead of maintaining
two separate branches.

There are still little things that need to be fixed in it, but I feel
they would be more likely to be found/fixed in trunk then in a branch.

The one thing that I see for certain as a downside right now is that
the playlist looks really bad until it gets refactored.  Other than
that I personally like this view more.

Things that this branch does:

Implements a threepane view, Browsers| context| playlist.
Moves the menu creation and action creation code out of the
constructor//init and into their own functions.
Experimental video support (which has been commented out until we get
a bit further along).
Stops using amarok_ui.rc for the toolbar.  This was to get the search
bar into the toolbar.
Deletes amarokui_xmms.rc (which is really old I believe.)

Things I would still like to achieve;
Play with the default colorscheme
Move the song progressbar to the main toolbar from the statusbar.
Remove the real progressbar (the one used for collectionscans and
stuff) from the statusbar belonging to the playlist to a statusbar in
the collection panel.
Probably a bunch of other stuff.

The ui can seen here:
http://perdition.campus.alfred.edu/~hydrogen/amarok-uirefactor.png

I am attaching a diff of the changes to this mail.  The majority of
stuff takes place in playlistwindow.cpp.

Feedback?
Dan