extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Dec 24 13:44:22 CET 2007

On Monday 24 December 2007, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> 2007/12/24, Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com>:
> > hi bart,
> > what do you want to use playlistMap in the AmarokMimeData::Private for.
> > Do you want to add support for playlists to querymaker?\
> > merry christmas everybody, max
>
> Yes, I was considering it. Obviously QueryMaker as it is, is very
> geared towards the Collection.
> It makes sense because some of the PlaylistProviders, the equivalent
> of Collection would talk some time to return. Like the
> AmpachePlaylistProvider, which we can now implement thanks to vollmer,
> who added adding playlists to the Ampache API.
>
> I would like to know your suggestions, you've got experience.
> Let me again congratulate you with Meta and Collection. This framework
> stuff is *so* hard.

I second that  :-)

As far as adding support for playlists to querymaker, it needs to be done at
some point if we're going to (as I thought we were) store playlists in the
database in 2.0.  This lets us access/modify them much more easily and
quickly, and makes importing/exporting fairly simple...and also allows AFT to
eventually work on playlists too.  :-)