last.fm as a service?

Casey Link ctlink at vt.edu
Wed Dec 12 02:49:43 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 3:37 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> On 12/12/2007, Casey Link <ctlink at vt.edu> wrote:
> > There are other UI considerations to think about too, for example
> > where will the Love/Ban buttons go? And when tagging is implemented, I
> > assume that will be an option where amarok 1.4 has tags now (in the
> > properties dialog).
>
> I'd say it would go as a simple applet in the context browser.

That is a good point. Looking at your picture (linked below).. all the
stuff in the left-vertical pane would go great in a service panel,
like you said. And all the action buttons across the top would be
super in an applet. Except tagging, you should be able to tag a
playlist/collection item without much of a hassle.. a right click
context action would be the ideal place for that I think.

http://www.sebruiz.net/images/lastfmclient.jpg

Casey