Non-windows stuff to do

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Tue Dec 11 00:27:51 CET 2007

Ian Monroe wrote:
> Well we're not violating the spirit of the license and once we
> re-enable the track refresher (which tries to redownload the album
> every two months) and put in links to amazon in the context browser
> we're not violating the terms either.

It used to be OK to cache for 90 days or whatever, but I think Amazon
have changed their policy.

Unless I'm reading the wrong license:

http://www.amazon.com/AWS-License-home-page-Money/b?ie=UTF8&node=3440661#5

"5.1.10. You may store a link for a product image included in Amazon
Properties for up to 24 hours, but you may not store or cache the
product image itself."

> Writing covers to the files has always seemed like bloat to me, I'm
> not so worried about the amazon license issue though.

It'd have to be an option, since people either love it or hate it. The
fact that Amarok doesn't embed cover art means I need an external tag
editor where I otherwise wouldn't.