Amarok 1.4.8 scheduled

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Dec 7 12:52:34 CET 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hi ho!
>
> Schedule for Amarok 1.4.8 settled.
> * Complete string freeze on stable branch will start @ 00:00 UTC December
> 7. * Tarball creation is on December 16.
> * Public release date (which is considerable secret since people used to
>   publish news about the release beofre we did) of the tarball is known to
> me, eean and markey (considering the latter remembers :P).
>
> Everyone who wants to know the releae date, please ask.
>
> I hope we can release Amarok2 alpha1 about the same time KDE4 gets out, of
> course this totally depends on you ;-)

Next time you guys decide on a string freeze, you should really give people
more than 8 hours' notice.

I don't think it'll affect me, as I don't remember if I had anything else
planned to fix in 1.4.8, but for anyone who has fixes lined up that they
haven't gotten around to yet, they should at least get a couple days' advance
warning.

--Jeff